Christian Teichter is a lawyer at the technology law firm Schürmann Rosenthal Dreyer and specialises in data protection and IT law.
He primarily advises clients from the life sciences, biotech, pharmaceuticals, science and research, healthcare and e-health sectors. They include international pharmaceutical and biotech companies as well as start-ups, public authorities, research institutes, operators of clinics and community health centres, and service providers such as health insurance companies.
• Designing clinical trials, medical research projects and R&D contracts in compliance with data protection law
• Expert on data protection issues in the German Act on Genetic Testing (GenDG)
• Advising service providers on data protection law
• Carrying out data protection impact assessments in the healthcare sector
• Advice on IT contract law, SaaS agreements and outsourcing agreements, mainly in the pharmaceutical, health, science and research sectors
• Advice on artificial intelligence and blockchain in the areas of pharmaceuticals and research
• Assisting with proceedings before public authorities, representing companies in claims for damages under data protection law, litigation
• Extensive experience in dealing with international pharmaceutical companies, clinical research organisations, ethics committees, international research institutes, authorities and international clinical groups
• Previously: legal counsel at an international biotech company, advising on data protection and IT law; previously already a lawyer at Schürmann Rosenthal Dreyer Rechtsanwälte; before this, lawyer at a “Big 4” law firm.
• Studied law at University of Konstanz, second state examination at the Brandenburg/Havel OLG (Higher Regional Court)