Katarina Frebel has been a lawyer at the technology law firm Schürmann Rosenthal Dreyer Rechtsanwälte since 2016 and specialises in general commercial law – in particular contract, IT and distribution law as well as trademark, design and competition law, and data protection and employment law.
She advises and assists companies in all legal matters relating to digital business, from IT and data protection issues to aspects of distribution, commercial and media law. Her main areas here are digital compliance, the distribution of digital products and services, the digitalisation of trade, software introduction/production, the safeguarding of digital rights as well as the protection of secrets, and outsourcing / cloud computing. She has in-depth knowledge of individual and collective labour law, including the German Employee Inventions Act (ArbnErfG) and employee data protection law. More and more of her clients come from (online) trade/distribution and innovative industries.
• Advising companies on the legal review, drafting and negotiation of contracts and standard business terms (GTC), in particular supply, purchase, lease, distribution and cooperation agreements in German and English, including on an international level
• Expert in all questions of trademark law (development of a trademark portfolio, maintenance and care of German and international trademarks, trademark monitoring) and competition and advertising law
• Dealing with data protection topics, analysis of data protection processes, creation of data protection documents
• In-depth knowledge of individual and collective labour law, including the German Employee Inventions Act (ArbnErfG) and employee data protection law
• Lawyer at Schürmann Rosenthal Dreyer Rechtsanwälte since 2016
• Previously: many years of experience as legal counsel at CEMEX Deutschland AG, Fortis Commercial Finance GmbH and the Hermes Logistik group
• Studied law at the universities of Münster and Nijmegen, Netherlands with internships in New York and Prague
• Conducting labour law seminars for managers
German Bar Association (Deutscher Anwaltverein e.V.)
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter with information on judgments, professional articles and events (currently only in german).