Roman von der Heide is a lawyer specialising in information technology law. He has been an associated partner at the technology law firm Schürmann Rosenthal Dreyer Rechtsanwälte since 2020, where he works primarily in the fields of data protection law, IT law and digital business.
He advises clients from various industries and sectors on all matters of IT law and data protection law, in particular in connection with their tech-heavy and data-intensive projects. He places a particular focus on legal advice and support for e-health and research projects, platform models and projects involving new technologies, including matters of legal classification and structuring, and drafting and implementing IT and data protection contracts as well as terms and conditions. He also advises clients on competition law issues relating to online marketing and e-commerce. In data protection law, Roman von der Heide boasts many years of experience in advising a wide range of clients on dealing with legal and regulatory requirements. One particular focus is on devising and implementing risk analyses as well as on handling transparency requirements in technically complex processing situations.
Roman von der Heide has been recommended by Handelsblatt and the U.S. publisher Best Lawyers as a lawyer in the field of data protection law and data security. The website kanzleimonitor.de lists him as a leading lawyer in the field of data protection law.
• IT contracts, SaaS and ASP agreements, IT project contracts
• Cloud computing
• Data trading contracts, data usage agreements, joint controllership agreements
• Structuring international data flows
• Customer loyalty programmes
• Data usage models
• Digitalisation projects in the health sector / e-health
• Secondary use of patient data
• Health and medicine
• Data donation and crowdsourcing in research contexts
• Technology-based assessment in research contexts
• Development of concepts for big data
• Omni-channel services
• White-label SaaS
• Online marketing
• Data protection impact assessments
• Communication of data protection information
• Certified lawyer specialising in IT law since 2018
• Lawyer at Schürmann Rosenthal Dreyer Rechtsanwälte since 2014
• Studied law at the Humboldt University in Berlin and at the University of Helsinki
Germany looks to provide clarity with new app guidelines (zusammen mit Kathrin Schürmann), E-Commerce Law & Policy, Okt. 2014, 11
iBeacon – Technischer Hintergrund und datenschutzrechtliche Aspekte, PinG 2014, 162
(i)Beacons – Technischer Hintergrund und datenschutzrechtliche Anforderungen (zusammen mit Kathrin Schürmann), DSRITB 2014, 641
German Bar Association (Deutscher Anwaltverein e.V.)
German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter with information on judgments, professional articles and events (currently only in german).