IT Law & Digital Business
Technological progress in digital business is having a profound and rapid impact on a wide range of economic sectors: Radical changes in entire branches of industry as well as an almost infinite scalability of new business models and software products are confronted with complex national and international legislation and changes. Companies must face these challenges in an increasingly internationalised and networked world.
From agile IT contracts and service level agreements to open source compliance checks and extensive outsourcing projects: Information technology law is our core competence. The highly specialised lawyers in our future-oriented and technology-minded law firm provide you with reliable and all-round support for complex and innovative IT projects.
Questions on information technology law in the digital business are to be considered as a an interdisciplinary issue and move in the area of conflict between data protection law, software law, media law, antitrust law, copyright law and general civil law. We combine IT, innovation and law in order to provide our clients with competitive advantages, both nationally and internationally. We ensure a goal oriented, pragmatic and risk-oriented implementation of your IT projects at all stages.
Our experience and successes prove us right: On 29 October 2020 our technology law firm was awarded the JUVE Award 2020 in the categories “Law Firm of the Year for IT and Data Protection” and “Law Firm of the Year for Technology and Media”. In addition, The Legal 500 and kanzleimonitor.de recommend us as the top law firm in IT law.
What we offer
We are at your disposal for the following questions and topics:
• Use of standard components, customising and adaptation of standard software
• Accessibility of white label solutions
• ESA: Embedded Software
• Contractual regulations for software tests and support of acceptance procedures
• ASP contracts
• Reselling of Cloud applications and SaaS products
• SaaS contracts or MSA, platform use
• Public Clouds in business use (general and in heavily regulated industries such as insurance, banking, healthcare)
• Connection of private and public clouds (hybrid)
• Licensing models for suppliers and on the licensee side for group-wide use
• Hosting contracts
• Software maintenance contracts
• IT maintenance contracts
• Master agreements
• Evaluation of license compatibilities
• Dual Licensing
• Review and selection of open source licenses
• Providing workshops for your IT department and creating of blacklists or whitepapers on the use of different licenses
• Use of open source software in cloud-based sales models
• Drafting contracts, depositing and securing source codes
• Escrow, advice and contracts
• Notarial deposit via our Blockchain
Do you have any questions about our services? Our lawyers will be pleased to help you.